Dates for your diary
Baxter Parenteral Nutrition Academy, 8th November 2014
Hilton Hotel, Kilmainham, Dublin 8
Baxter Healthcare have inaugurated the PN Academy to provide educational support to healthcare professionals. The topic of the 2014 Forum is Intestinal Failure and the aims of the meeting are to:
- Update delegates on current practices relating to the management of Intestinal Failure
- Increase the knowledge and skills of delegates to help improve the care of patients with Intestinal Failure and those requiring home parenteral nutrition
The Nutrition Society Winter Meeting, 9th-10th Dec 2014
Royal Society of Medicine, London
Nutrition and age-related muscle loss, sarcopenia and cachexia
The aim of this meeting is to understand the roles skeletal muscle plays in maintaining our health and well-being, as well as the factors that contribute to its loss and what we can do about it. The meeting will explore the importance of nutrition in preventing and treating sarcopenia and cachexia.
Attendees at this meeting will learn about current research and clinical perspectives on the impact of skeletal muscle on human health, and how nutrition influences this. They will have the opportunity to network with colleagues from basic science, nutrition, dietetics, public health and industry. Four main symposia will focus on:
- Sarcopenia and Cachexia: the scale and importance of the problem and measurement
- Mechanisms for loss of muscle mass and strength and clinical measurements of malnutrition and cachexia
- Nutrition for prevention and in interventions for sarcopenia and cachexia
- The social, clinical and public health dimensions of sarcopenia and cachexia.
The programme will include a variety of plenary sessions, Original Communications and opportunities for networking.
BAPEN For Bapen meetings click here
ASPEN For ASPEN meetings click here
Nutrition Society (Irish Section) For upcoming Nut Soc events click here
Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute For upcoming INDI events click here